Safety Measures that will be implemented at BSDC:
1. Class size will be limited for safe social distancing. Dance Floors are clearly labeled to illustrate 6 feet of distance.
2. Lobbies and common areas will be closed to students and families. All seating will be removed from lobbies and parents will be asked to drop off students.
3. Parents will drop off only and not arrive more than 5 minutes ahead of class. Children will arrive dressed and ready to dance. Dressing rooms will be closed. Please arrive with your dance bag and a labeled water bottle to bring in the classroom, no food allowed. Dancers will put their street shoes in their dance bag upon arrival before entering the classroom.
4. Families will be asked to keep their child home if anyone in the family is sick, feeling unwell or thinks they may have been in contact with someone who has or has been exposed to the virus
5. One door (parent/student entrance) will be designated as the entrance and another (staff entrance) as an exit.
6. Teachers/Staff/Dancers are to sanitize hands before and after every class, please be patient as this process may take a moment.
7. Teachers/Staff will wipe all high touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, barres) and sanitize dance floors before and after every class.
8. Hallways or other interior spaces leading to our dance studios and where applicable exterior entry points will have floor markings like retail stores have done to indicate where students should line up.
9. Students will sanitize or wash hands prior to coming to the studio and before and after every class.
10. The teacher will prop the door open when it is time to enter the class to eliminate door touching by students.
11. Once students are called into the classroom, they can be directed to stand in a box that is outlined on the floor in the studio 6 feet or more apart from each other and the teacher.
12. No touching, hand holding, partnering or use of shared hand props in class
13. At the end of every class, the teacher/staff will prop open the door and call kids one by one to leave, giving them hand sanitizer/wash hands on the way out.
14. Students will leave through the exit door.
15. Students will be encouraged to go to the restroom at home before coming to class. If needed bathroom breaks will be given one student at a time and staff will wipe down all surfaces after each bathroom use.
16. Touchpoints will be regularly cleaned: a. All door handles through the studio b. Bathroom faucets, toilets, door handles in bathroom stalls
17. End of Day: Thorough cleaning throughout the facility includes all floors, touchpoints and bathrooms including walls of the stalls.